Last Saturday I was invited by my home teacher to go to the beach with him and some other people. I was so so grateful for the invite because usually, if I don't have plans, Saturday is kinda stressful in finding something to do. When I woke up at 7:30 on Saturday, it was thunder and lightning and raining. I LOVE hearing the thunder when it is very loud and I'm all snug in my bed, but I don't really like it when I have to wake up so early and I'm not able to fully enjoy it. So I made the drive into Boston which was actually pretty scary because it was truly a cloud burst the entire way. I swear sometimes it felt like I was hydroplaning. Luckily I made to my home teacher's apt. It was still raining but we decided to go. I drove me, my home teacher named Jason, a married couple named Aerial and Collin, and another girl named Stephanie. It was only suppose to be about a 45 minute drive, but it ended up being about a 2 1/2 hour drive. This was because they closed down a chunk of a freeway. I think they closed it down because a truck carrying fuel crashed and exploded and there were some houses that caught on fire among other things. Anyway, we made it to the beach :) it was so fun and so refreshing! My home teacher had to be back by 4:00 so it was kind of a quick trip in a way. After dropping him off, I really didn't know what to do with myself, so I decided to go home. After talking to Elisse and also Mom on the way home, I was given the idea to not go home and go do something like go to the mall... so I did :) It was kind of fun being on my own. I just walked around the mall. They have a Cinnabon at the mall and since I have never had a cinnamon role from there, I decided to go for it :) After that, I decided to go see a movie. The only options were Harry Potter (which I had already seen), Transformers (which I had already seen), some rated R movies, and Winnie the Pooh... So I went to Winnie the Pooh. About twenty minutes into it, I fell asleep and woke up right as the credits were starting. I guess i wasn't that into the movie. Overall, pretty great day :) Below are random pictures from the day. Sorry there are none from the beach, but I didn't want to take the risk of hurting my phone or dropping it in the sand. :)
 |
| This picture probably needs explaining... While being stopped in my car on the way to the beach, we passed this lovely store and I just had to take a picture of the sign because it reminded me of Kapplan :) |
 |
| And obviously I thought of Auntie Anne when I saw this. |
 |
| My first Cinnabon :) Very yummy. |