Well I don't really have a good excuse as to why I haven't kept up on the blog... Although, it has been a busy few months with the semester ending, the holidays, etc, etc. Mom and Rashelle visited me in October, the week before my birthday to be exact. I had so much fun and I was so so grateful for their visit. I was going to put a picture of us all together, but I came to find out that I didn't take any pictures (apparently I was having too much fun to snap a picture). When they arrived, I was so happy to see them, it felt wonderful to hug them and be with them. One thing I learned though is that it never gets easier to say goodbye. I was dreading the moment when I would have to drop them off at the airport to go home. It was even a hard few days after they left because I missed them so much, but while they were here we had so much fun. We walked around the city, visited Plymouth rock, went to church, and mom and Rashelle introduced Italian Sodas to Mark and Sheryl. Italian Sodas are now a staple in this house hold because they love them so much. After Mom and Rashelle's visit, it was my birthday the next week. It was a very interesting birthday. I had slept at my friend's house and then we went to church. I came back home to Northborough that night to find the power out in the town from the snow storm that had happened that weekend. I opened my presents in the dark and it was a memory. And then all of a sudden it was November. Sheryl came home after being gone for three weeks and Rob, her quadriplegic son, came with her. She had a book signing that weekend and that is why Rob came. The day after Rob left, Reed's grandparents (Mark's parents) came for ten days. They were here for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful! A couple days before, I was down in the dumps that I wouldn't be home with the family, but it ended up being very fun. Two of Reed's cousins and their spouses and kids came. The missionaries also came to eat as well. My very good friend Enji joined us as well for dinner. It was so fun having her there. With everyone there, it was a lot of people and a lot of fun! Then just like that, Thanksgiving was over. The couple of weeks after Thanksgiving break were very chaotic because of finishing up online classes. It was such a relief to have them over and done with! I finished up classes just in time for Reed's sister, Renae, and her family to visit for two and a half weeks. Renae has five kids and it was so much fun having them all here! They were all so friendly and fun to be around. It was noisy, and crazy, and lots of fun. We did lots of fun things like going to Cirque Du Sole, going to the play "A Christmas Carol," going to movies, and going out to eat. I was hoping Christmas away from the family would be as easy as it was for Thanksgiving, but it was actually harder. The Nixon's have been extremely good to me in letting me be a part of their holiday activities but I can't deny the fact that it was hard being away from the family. Fortunately, it was a wonderful Christmas eve and Christmas day. I got lots of wonderful presents and it was just really fun. Then all of a sudden, it was New Years. We (Reed, Mark, Sheryl, and Renae's family) went to an indoor water park and had a lot of fun! So much has happened these last few months and it has been wonderful! PS: Down below are the few pictures I have taken... so sorry there are barely any. And also, these pictures are in no chronological order.
 |
| So there I was happily watching the BYU game one night and this is what I saw. I had to rewind it to make sure I was right and sure enough I was. I was very proud after realizing who it was. Can you see who it is?? |
 |
| DAD! I just love him so much! |
 |
| This was the amazing show we attended! The entire thing was amazing and I totally want to go to Vegas to see another one! |
 |
| We went to the Basketball hall of fame during the Christmas break and I just had to take a picture of this!! |
 |
| This reminded me of a room in the White house. This is the President's house at Bentley University. It was such a nice house and it is where Sheryl had one of her book signings. |
 |
| There were so many presents under the tree on Christmas Eve! It was a different experience because I have never been awake when "Santa" has put out all the presents, however this year I was awake and working, and I saw some of it happen. Very weird. |
 |
| This is also at the Basketball Hall of Fame. That is Shaq's shoe size... 23! |
Well its been a good end to a great year and I am so excited for 2012 and the surprises it will bring! Happy late Holidays!
Long awaited post!! That is so weird you saw dad! Crazy!! May 2012 be a wonderful year filled with happiness and boys!! Love you Millie.
ReplyDelete