Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Life is Good :)

I'm pathetic at this blogging thing and I wish that I were better.  Well here are some things I think are worth mentioning.  School has been really good.  I feel like that is all I do now a days, but thats ok because I don't know what else I would be doing.  I've taken two Biology tests, one physical science test, and a mass media test.  Tomorrow I go back to Worcester State and take another physical science test and a sociology test.  Studying for those is not very fun.  General conference weekend was amazing!  I thought it would be hard being away from the family during that time, because I love watching general conference with them.  Even though I missed them so much, I had so much fun with my friend Enji who use to be my visiting teacher.  I went to her apartment for the second session on saturday.  Its so weird watching General Conference in Boston because its a two hour difference.  Usually I'm use to conference starting at ten and two but here in Boston it starts at twelve and four.  Saturday night we went out to eat and then over to Harvard Square because a girl named Ali invited everyone for icecream for her birthday.  It was so fun being some of the girls from the ward.  On sunday morning, Enji and I made crepes because I had told her my family tradition of making crepes on sunday morning during general conference.  Overall it was a very fun weekend and I was very sad when it was over.  I forgot to mention that before general conference, at the house, all the Tv's stopped working.  There was something wrong with the satellite so on friday night, Reed and I watched the BYU game on his laptop.  Thank goodness for that!  I love watching BYU football and this season has been fun to watch so far.  Also that week, Reed, his parents, and I went to the "Big E."  Its basically this big State fair but it combines the states surrounding Massachusetts.  It was so much fun and we didn't even see it all because there was so much to see!  There were tons of booths and food and rides.  I would have liked to been able to go on some of the rides but we just stuck to the shopping.  It took me back to the days of "Steaks and Stackers."  I love those memories but at the same time it was super hard work!  Good times.  Next monday (after general conference) a Direct TV guy named Louis came to fix the TV's.  We found out he was from the dominicon republic.  He said that he was excited because in three weeks his wife was coming from the dominicon republic.  They had been apart for four years!  Louis has been here in the United States watching over his three sons while his wife was in Dominican Republic.  I can't remember the specific reason she was there but it had to do with her not being able to get a green card yet.  Anyway, when I heard that, it really put things into perspective for me.  Here I am living in Boston for only one year, being sad that I can't see my family.  I couldn't imagine what it would be like being a way from someone you love for four years!  It also made me grateful to know that families are forever and that it doesn't end after this life.  Anyway, the following weekend, I didn't have plans so I decided to text Ali to see if she could hang out.  She was more than willing to and I was so grateful for that!  It was such a fun weekend!  She even invited me to stay the night which I was super grateful for because I live an hour away from Boston.  Sheryl got her book published, which was very exciting!  The book is called, "In the Blink of an Eye."  I read the book and loved it.  Everyone should go check it out.  She has a website called www.sherylnixon.com that talks about the book and it can also be purchased there.  There are some videos on the website too that are very cool to watch.  This last weekend I was invited to go apple picking.  I was very excited!  On my way there, the check engine light in my car came on and it freaked me out!  I pulled over to see if there was anything I could do, but I couldn't get the dang hood opened.  After calling Dad, I decided it would be ok to drive and that on Monday I would take it in to get checked.  Not gonna lie, I was nervous about taking the car in!  I have never owned a car before so I have never had to do anything like that before.  They found out that the spark plugs needed to be replaced, the ignition coil needed to be replaced and the belt was completely cracked and worn out, so he replaced that as well.  The cost was a total $366.56.  I hate spending money but I really didn't have a choice, plus now it runs just fine so I'm happy :) The auto car place is about four miles away from the house, so I decided to run to it and got some excerise.  Boy am I out of shape!  But luckily I made it.  Tomorrow Mom and Rashelle are coming and I am so excited!!  Life is Good.
I forgot I had taken this picture.  I thought it was kind of ironic because I am always reminding myself that life is good.  Well this particular day that I took the picture, I was kind of down and discouraged and when I stopped at the light, this car in front of me had this sticker.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment