We (Haley and I) started at Faneuil Hall and ate lunch there. I loved it! There were so many restaurants to choose from. I probably walked back and forth like four times before finally deciding on a philly cheese steak.
This is Faneuil Hall crowded
This is Fanueil Hall not crowded :)
Random pictures along the trail. I thought it was cool seeing all these people just laying out on the grass enjoying the day :)
Paul's house
Paul himself (he is the human... not the horse)
Old North Church where Paul hung the lantern.
Apparently this is the oldest oregon in the United States.
These are the coolest church pews. They are little boxes. It would be so fun to sit in one of these for sacrament meeting :)
A very very very old graveyard
The USS Constitution
Where the Celtics and Bruins play
A very cool bridge :)
A better picture of the USS Constitution
Bunker Hill Monument
A shoe scraper on someone's porch. I should have taken some pictures of the houses a long the trail. They are so cute!
I decided on chocolate creme brulee from Mike's Pastry
I definitely picked the wrong shoes to wear that day!! My feet were killing me by the end of the day.
More of the freedom trail
Dad's favorite hockey team
This picture doesn't do it justice, but for memorial day, these flags were set up. I have never seen so many american flags in my life!
Cheers!
Make Way for Ducklings monument. I learned from Bishop Eldredge that their names are Jack, Kack, Lack, Mack, Nack, Oack, Pack, and Quack :)
We went on a swan boat ride and passed these cute little turtles.
A one man band performing in the park! Such a happy guy.
The State House
There were many street performers around Faneuil Hall. Some were great and some were not so great. The first one that Haley and I saw was a group of four guys that were like break dancers. I say "like" because we didn't see any break dancing. When we arrived, they had pulled four people out of the crowd. They stood there shoulder to shoulder while the "break dancers" spent fifteen mintues talking up how they were going to jump over all four of them. Then they spent another ten minutes collecting money before doing the trick. By the time they did the trick, it was very anti-climatic. They didn't even have the four people standing up shoulder to shoulder, they had them bend over! I took video of it but it wouldn't upload. So instead you will have to invision in your mind what I saw. Another performer that we saw was a guy standing on the top of a really tall pole. He did some pretty cool tricks juggling chain saws and knives. But, my favorite performer is shown in the picture below. This is not a statue! Its a real person! If you put a dollar in, he would give you a little scroll that had a fortune on it. If I had had a dollar I totally would have done it. We stood watching him for a couple of minutes and he made bank! It was a very magical moment. If I ever want to become a street performer, I'll know what to do!
Definitely a very fun time going a long the trail :) Sorry there aren't any pictures of me in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment